2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Spread half amount of flour on a working surface
- Leftover potatoes go on top of the flour
- Create a well with the potato then crack the egg in the middle, add salt, garlic powder and paprika then whisk the egg with a folk (you can whisk it separately, I just don't like too many dirty dishes to do after)
- Cover the top with the rest of the mashed potatoes
- Use your hand or spatula to fold the dough.
- Fold the dough until everything is well mixed. Add more flour if it is too wet (but do not over flour it or it will turn dry when cooked)
- Roll the dough into a long rope (you can divide the dough into 2 or more smaller balls to roll).
- Cut into pieces and place them on top of the flour coated surface.
- Cook them in boiling water with a little salt for taste until they float, take them out and let them drip.
- Pan sear them if you want some extra crunch.
What to serve with?
Normally you can serve gnocchi with marinara sauce or use them in soup.
I put them in taco as a starch element to replace rice. It works well and my kids love it.